John C. Davis
Attorney at Law
Super Lawyers Rising Star 2014-2017
Phone 971.801.1325 direct line | Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Portland Office 15350 S.W. Sequoia Parkway | Suite 250 | Portland, Oregon 97224
John helps individuals, business owners and nonprofit organizations reduce risk and plan for the future by creating succession and estate plans, wills and trusts, buying and selling real estate, drafting contracts and partnership agreements, and creating LLCs and corporations. John represents clients in the areas of business succession and estate planning, real estate transactions, mergers and acquisitions, partnerships, and nonprofit organizations. His experience also includes litigation and appellate cases ranging from property disputes and commercial foreclosures to construction defects, constitutional law, and insurance. John maintains a commitment to pro bono legal services, representing both individuals and nonprofits.
John graduated first in his law school class at Willamette University College of Law and was Valedictorian. He previously practiced at McEwen Gisvold LLP and Schwabe, Williamson, and Wyatt, each in Portland, Oregon. John served as the State Representative for House District 26 in the Oregon Legislature from January 2013 through January 2017, representing the communities of Wilsonville, Sherwood, King City, Hillsboro, Tigard, Beaverton, and Aloha. In the Legislature, John was an integral member of the House Revenue Committee, with jurisdiction over Oregon’s tax policy, and Vice-Chair of the Transportation and Economic Development Committee.
- John helps prepare, plan, and implement business succession and estate plans for families and individual clients with assets ranging from $100,000 to over $100 million.
- John has served as principal negotiator and drafter for dozens of asset and stock sale transactions for Northwest corporations, ranging from the retail to medical industries.
- John recently assisted clients in negotiating and selling a multi-million dollar medical systems provider, and other clients in accepting private equity investments in a regional medical practice.
- John was recently part of a team that closed a $200+ million asset sale of a Northwest company.
- John helps clients buy and sell commercial and residential properties, clear title defects, draft easements, and clear development hurdles. John regularly prepares and reviews purchase sale agreements for commercial and residential properties.
- John has assisted public, private, and commercial lenders in closing and negotiating over $1 billion in commercial real estate and business loans across all West Coast states.
Professional & Community Activities
John is a Northwest native and is actively engaged in the region’s activities. John was a founding board member and President of Emerging Leaders for Oregon, and was a committee member and volunteer leader with Wilsonville Young Life. John was a member of the South-Metro Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) Partnership Executive Committee. In 2016, John served as an integral member of the Oregon Institute of Technology Presidential Selection Committee. John is regularly engaged in political and civic activities in Oregon, advising and assisting with campaigns and candidates. Prior to law school, John was an AmeriCorps*VISTA member serving as Programs Director of a nonprofit organization in Southern California serving disadvantaged families.